Upper Lake has a General Membership of approximately 263 Tribal Members. The majority of the Members reside in the counties of Lake, Santa Clara, Contra Costa, Napa, Mendocino, Sonoma, Yolo, Alameda and Los Angeles County due to historic displacement and a lack of educational and employment opportunities.
The Tribe’s criteria for membership is as follows:
1. Members whose names appeared on the Cecil Andrus partial judgment of May 15, 1979;
2. Lineal descendants of the members of the above (considered the Base Roll);
3. Moratorium with the following exceptions:
* Young Adults 18 yrs. old who are permitted a 1 yr. period to apply due to parents not enrolling them sooner.
* Pending applications received by December 13, 2002.